You can use these Railway Points to get free tickets at www.irctc.co.in, once you have accumulated 500 Railway Points in your account.
- Shubh Yatra Programme benefits are available only on railway tickets booked at www.irctc.co.in.
- Railway Points can be earned on 1st Class AC, 2nd Class AC, Executive Chair Car and AC Chair Car travel only. Railway Points are not earned on AC III Tier tickets.
- Railway Points are only awarded for full fare tickets and are not awarded on concessional tickets or for voucher transactions.
- You necessarily must be one of the passengers on the ticket and you earn Railway Points for your individual fare only.
- Railway Points shall accrue to your account only 5 days after the date of your journey provided your ticket has not been cancelled.
- First Year Membership Fee - Rs.500; Annual Renewal Fee - Rs.300 (taxes & transaction charges extra, as applicable).
|Express Rewards||Super-Fast Rewards|
4 Railway Points for every Rs. 100 spent
10 Railway Points for every Rs. 100 spent
(Valid on tickets with Date of Travel between April 1 - July 14 and September 16 - January 14)
(Valid on tickets with Date of Travel between January 15 - March 31 and July 15 - September 15)
- Railway Points will always be rounded off to the lower integer.
- Each Railway Point is equivalent to Re 1/- of your ticket fare when redeeming these Railway Points for future ticket purchases.
- Railway Points will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of member's registration. However, irrespective of the 3-year validity period, Railway Points lapse if membership is not renewed.
- Access www.irctc.co.in with your own login (username and password).
- Choose the option to pay for your CONFIRMED 1st AC, AC II Tier, AC Chair Car and Executive Chair Car ticket through Railway Points at the payment gateway.
- You must necessarily be one of the passengers on the ticket.
- You can start redeeming Railway Points once you have a minimum of 500 Railway Points in your account earned through transactions at www.irctc.co.in only.
- You may redeem Railway Points in multiples of Re 1.
- Redemption can be made only against the total ticket fare inclusive of IRCTC service charges. You cannot redeem Railway Points for individual fares.
Cancellation of a Redeemed Ticket
- If you cancel a redeemed ticket before the date of journey, you forfeit 50% of the Railway Points, over and above the existing cancellation charges as per the Indian Railway Commercial Rule. Remaining Railway Points will be credited back to your account.
- On cancellation of redeemed tickets, only Railway Points would be credited back and not cash.
- You can cancel a redeemed ticket only at physical counters (PRS). Only e-tickets can be cancelled online at www.irctc.co.in
How to Register?
- You need to be a registered user of IRCTC to apply for Shubh Yatra or the SBI Railway Card online. New users sign up
- If you are a registered user, login with your username & id here
- For the SBI Railway Card you can also directly call the 24 hr customer helpline at 39 02 12 12 (1800 180 1295 from MTNL/BSNL lines)